This arrived from Ann today:

Last night was more of the night before. This time, it was blood that I vomited.  The doctor said that we are  dealing with a living cancer. They bleed sometimes. I coped with the pain, nausea, shock with medications.  I still had a reasonable night's sleep, and the most fantastic nurse, Stacey,  She always seemed to be at the door as I vomited or knocked over the night collection of blood and urine. She already had the medication in her hand. I asked her how she knew, and she said that "I guess I have a sixth sense." She  certainly did last night.  God had her at the right place and at the right time for me. Thank-you God, and Stacey.  Plus, most of the hospital is functioning well below staffing levels. We had 9 staff out sick last week on our wing alone, and at least 3 so far this week. The staff are constantly pushing the whole ball of work uphill, and of course it rolls back down. Today as of lunch, I can drink my fluids again.  Each room plus the whole wing is in a COVID lockdown.

I go to Saint John on Thursday for a next step in the process. (About one and half hours each way in an  ambulance.)  Then a decision will be made about replacing the gastric tube. Easier for others, rather sore for me.

More news as it  comes.  God bless you all. 

Comments

  1. Praying for the trip - that your stamina holds and things go smoothly. So very sorry for these trials that you are facing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that everything will go smoothly to Saint John and back. Blessings of strength.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog