From Ann this afternoon:

About radiation:  In order to make sure that the radiation hits the body in exactly the same place each time it is important to make what the radiologists call a mask.  I first lay in a kind of warm bean bag that is packed up tight to my body.  Then I am pushed into a position that enables the therapist to line up my chest with the beams representing the radiation.  They have small markers along my breastbone which relate to the anticipated aim of radiation.  Meanwhile, the bean bag has become cold and hard.  It holds me in exactly the same position every time.  The therapists place my body in position, and I hold my hands above my head to hold posts in exactly the same position.  I am not allowed to move.  Each patient has their own mask.  For each treatment, the process is the same.  And it seems to work.  I find it very interesting, the preparation for the radiotherapy. 

Thanks for following. 

Ann 

Comments

  1. Keep up the good work love Rosemariexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as though the treatment is going well. Thinking of you all. Lots of love. Heather and Jim xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We stopped in to see Jack today and he told us about the blog. We will be following and praying. Sending love. Sue and Ragnar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curiosity and interest in how this all works is wonderful. Praying for you and effectiveness of this treat ment ... leith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog