Ann wrote this today:

Hello to my new blogging circle of friends. I have an update: 

I was readmitted to hospital in Fredericton on March 21 following about 15 hours of incontrollable vomiting, probably because of the travel sickness. It had a positive outcome. I was reassessed, a nasogastric tube was inserted I started an enriched feeding program via the tube with added real food. But I couldn't handle the tiny space left by the cancer, the tube, and the food.  I still need to be fed by IV plus the tube. 

I planned to stay in hospital until the treatments start on April 4th.  Life coincided with the plan. The gastroenterologist now wants to remove the gastric tube and insert a stent. This prevents food sticking to the cancer. I will  then take a  few days to adjust  and be transferred by ambulance to Saint John prior to starting treatment. It will be a seamless process of transfer and admission. The doctors in Saint John will plan the rest, working on the diet, blood chemistry, radiation and chemotherapy needs.

An additional component is that of COVID.  We have 4NW and 4SW (where I am) in lock down.  But because I predated the lockdown, then my medical plans can continue. 

I will send an update as things develop.  

Comments

  1. Hi Ann!
    I tried to send you a message 5 x yesterday but it didn’t work. So I went to Paul’s for help today and tech-savy Alicia has helped me. She “set me up” so my messages can get” published.”

    I’m so glad your rough trip to and from St. John’s had a final positive result. It’s comforting to know you are getting the care you need to get you in the place you need to be for your upcoming treatments.

    I watched a video of one of the conference sessions held at my church- which I did not attend personally, by Pastor Cymbeline from Brooklyn Tabernacle. He spoke about worry- it was very good. He sang this song at the end- I’m sure you’ll recognize it- which I couldn’t stop singing myself afterwards. I have been singing it as a prayer for you.

    “Peace, peace, wonderful peace,
    Coming down from the Father of love.
    Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray,
    In fathomless billows of love.”

    And along with the love and peace, I pray His strength and healing power sweep over and through you at the same time, Ann, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

    Thank you for the lovely pictures. You are triple-blessed with to such beautiful great-grandchildren!

    Love you Ann,

    Thank you for the updates. It helps instruct our prayers for you over here.

    ❤️❤️❤️

    Love you Ann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog